On October 8th, 2020, YEBO held its 5th consortium meeting. It took place online and gathered representatives from all 15 partner institutions involved in YEBO! A really intense and fruitful meeting having as its main focus the adaptation of YEBO! activities to the COVID-19 pandemic.
During this meeting were discussed:
- The activity to be delivered in replacement of the canceld Uppsala conference originally scheduled in May, 2020;
- The date and content of YEBO! Final Conference, its format and the elements to consider (COVID-19 situation in South Africa, in European countries, …) in regards of a possible physical event;
- Opportunities for dissemination of YEBO! results by the end of the project;
- Upcoming updates on the YEBO! PhD Portal.
The following decisions were taken:
- Preparation of 2 workshops for the South Africa and Sweden University Forum (SASUF) hosted by Uppsala, in replacement of the Uppsala conference. The workshops will focus on Supervision of PhD students in the COVID-19 context and Ethics of research and its evolution in regards of digitalization. Both of these topics will have to be related to internationalization of PhD studies. Next step: identify possible panellists and design together the content of the workshops;
- New date of the Final Conference: April 12-15th, 2021. New theme to be discussed and agreed by the end of 2020. Participants from YEBO! Training 4 will be involved with a PhD contest (3min pitch or scientific poster presentation). Final decision to be taken in early 2021 on whether the conference can be hosted physically. In any case, there will be an online accessibility (blended event or 100% online);
- Content and architecture updates on the PhD Portal.